Design Lab Copywriter
The UCSD Design Lab teaches people how to create new ideas that solve problems. Communication is a critical component for sharing who we are, what we do, and how we help the community at large. Under the direction of the Communications Lead, the Design Lab Copywriter will be responsible for the development of compelling copy for advertising, marketing, public relations, multimedia, events, and digital.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, open for new challenges, and collaborative in nature. They can work remotely, online, or on-site, as the assignment requires. They will take ownership of the copywriting assignments and bring their professionalism and creative abilities to bear on our communications challenges, as they arise.
• Ability to write clear and error-free content that reflects an organization’s voice
• Experience interpreting creative direction and technical information into persuasive copy concepts
• Proven success in producing copy for advertising, marketing, and social media campaigns
• Creativity, adaptability, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
• Currently enrolled in UCSD
• Pays quarterly Student Services fees
• Work on-site and remote, as required
• Portfolio of work, non-course work preferred
• Research ability: Accesses and evaluates multiple sources of information, including text and images, and synthesizes information to solve problems and create new insights.
• Oral, written, & digital communication: Conveys meaning and responds to needs of diverse audiences through writing and speaking coherently and effectively, and develops the expression of ideas through written, oral and digital mediums.
• Critical thinking & problem solving: Identifies important problems and questions and gathers, analyzes, evaluates information from a variety of sources before forming a strategy, decision, or opinion.
• Learn best practices in copy development from an accomplished mentor
• Gain real-world agency experience as a copywriter
• Collaborate with other creative professionals to meet team goals
• Improve your portfolio with real projects
• Receive written recommendation from Communication Lead upon successful exit
• Referrals provided for internship and job applications
• Ongoing professional support from Communications Lead and team members
Appointment / Pay Rate:
• STDT 4: Up to 50% / $16.15
Have questions about this job opportunity with Design Lab? Contact COMMS Manager Kevin Popovic via email.