Design Lab Project Manager
The UCSD Design Lab teaches people how to create new ideas that solve problems. Communication is a critical component for sharing who we are, what we do, and how we help the community at large. Under the direction of the Communications Lead, the Design Lab Communications Project Manager will be responsible for coordinating project planning, resource allocation, and ensuring the execution of project tasks within the Communications team and unit stakeholders.
The successful candidate will be self-motivated, open for new challenges, and collaborative in nature. They can work remote, or on-site, as the assignment requires. They will take ownership of the project management process and bring their professionalism and organizational abilities to bear communications challenges, as they arise.
• Experience with project management tools (Asana or similar work) in a dynamic team-setting
• Proven success with leading projects and initiatives from inception to completion
• Creativity, adaptability, and the ability to work collaboratively with a team
• Strong time management and process improvement skills
• Currently enrolled in UCSD
• Pays quarterly Student Services fees
• Work on-site and remotely, as required
• Prior project management experience preferred
• Leadership: Takes initiative, demonstrates effective decision making and informed risk taking, and motivates and encourages participation from others to work towards a shared purpose and vision.
• Teamwork & cross-cultural collaboration: Works with and seeks involvement from people and entities with diverse experiences towards a common goal, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills, respect, and dignity for others.
• Critical thinking & problem solving: Identifies important problems and questions and gathers, analyzes, evaluates information from a variety of sources before forming a strategy, decision, or opinion.
• Learn best practices in project management from an accomplished mentor
• Gain real-world agency experience as a project manager
• Collaborate with other creative professionals to meet team goals
• Improve your resume with real experience
• Receive written recommendation from Communication Lead upon successful exit
• Referrals provided for internship and job applications
• Ongoing professional support from Communications Lead and team members
Appointment / Pay Rate:
• STDT 4: Up to 50% / $17.55
Have questions about this job opportunity with Design Lab? Contact COMMS Manager Kevin Popovic via email.