Director of Business Development
Fitabase by Small Steps Labs
We are in search of a Business Development Director to help drive new partnerships with connected sensor companies. This role will also lead efforts to understand and and translate the needs of our existing healthcare and health research customers into deliverable product features. An ideal candidate has experience translating conversations with customers and partners into actionable insights for product enhancements. The Business Development Director will work closely between the business and engineering interests of the company.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and thrives in a small team / company environment with a startup feel. Everyone wears lots of hats, but we’re self-funded and growing organically, meaning decisions and priorities are determined on company value as opposed to an investor’s expectations. In this role you will be able to see the direct results of successful initiatives.
- Work with key data-source / device partners to support and expand the capabilities of the Fitabase platform.
- Take meetings with existing customers and potential customers with the goal of identifying trends that might turn into product enhancements and additional revenue opportunities.
- Work with health research and health care stakeholders to advise on how various datasets and features available from Fitabase might be helpful to their proposed use cases.
- Negotiate deals and advise on protocols for new studies in academia, clinical research, clinical trials, and insurer programs.
- Work with Fitabase’s software development technology team to identify key opportunities, customer issues, and product roadmap prioritization.
- Assisting and communicating with inbound inquiries and sales opportunities.
- Some limited travel to relevant conferences and key stakeholder meetings with occasional speaking and presenting on behalf of Fitabase.
Ideal Professional Background:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Public Health, Health Care Policy, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with customers and partners and devising strategic partnerships and proposals
- Experience working with a product-driven technology company.
- Product-minded professional with experience leading innovative initiatives within an organization.
- Experience in health care, health research, clinical trials, and/or health insurer data programs.
Fitabase offers competitive compensation packages as well as healthcare, dental, and paid vacation and sick leave benefits. You will also get a free Fitbit.
Open to San Diego, CA or US-based candidates working remote.