Click here for more details and to apply
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
At the heart of everything we do at Nextdoor is serving and understanding our members in neighborhoods all over the world. Help us create useful, vibrant, and delightful experiences for them by joining the growing User Research team. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of passionate designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists with opportunities to impact our strategic direction.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences using mixed methods – leveraging surveys, user interviews, and behavioral data mining
- Partner with Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to identify the right opportunities and experiences to explore and develop scientifically sound recommendations
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Master’s or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Human Factors or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience conducting research on both desktop and mobile user experiences
- Knowledge of a broad range of qualitative and/or quantitative UX research methods, such as user interviews, field research, lab-based or remote usability studies, survey research, experiment design and statistical analysis
- Proven track record of working with cross functional development teams including PM, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Marketing, Customer Support.
- Ability to plan and execute end to end research that informs product design and company strategy
- Experience with mentoring or teaching others about UX research..
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Downtown San Francisco office
- The option of an adjustable standing desk