AI Now Institute
Learn more and apply here
Working directly with our two Co-Directors, you will participate in a range of research projects with a particular focus on our Bias and Inclusion research domain. You will:
- Conduct fundamental research on bias, inclusion, and fairness in machine learning and related technologies.
- Contribute to interdisciplinary research projects across the organization.
- Communicate your findings with a wider public audience.
- Manage key research projects, from design to implementation to publication.
- Develop and maintain meaningful research- and community-based partnerships that lead to collaborative opportunities, shared research projects and agendas, and ongoing knowledge exchange.
- Support the field for researchers, advocates, policy-makers, and other experts who are dedicated to understanding the social implications of AI––participating in and leading working groups, workshops, and other convenings on the topic of AI, bias, and inclusion (among others).
RESOURCES AND BENEFITS
As a Researcher, you will receive all benefits provided to Professional Research Staff, including:
- A competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- A generous and comprehensive benefits package (including medical, dental, and vision) through New York University.
- Annual professional development funds for conferences, skill development, etc.
- Relocation assistance, as needed.
Candidates from a broad range of disciplines are encouraged to apply, and should be driven to understand the social implications of AI and related systems and be interested in working in an interdisciplinary environment. Additional qualifications are as follows:
- A demonstrated ability to plan and publish rigorous, interdisciplinary research.
- A research focus relevant to AI Now’s four research domains; for this position, experience working on topics related to AI, bias, and inclusion is preferred.
- A strong research track record, in line with your career stage, demonstrated by journal publications and/or conference papers and other forms of academic participation.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to adapt to different contexts.
- PhD required. Your degree must be completed by September 2018.
- Able to work on-site at our offices in New York City; while there may be opportunities to work remotely on occasion, this job will necessitate you being on-site.
This is a two-year, full time position with the possibility of renewal.
NYU is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity; women, racial and ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply for vacant positions at all levels.