Senior Interaction Designer
Voltaiq’s cloud-based Battery Intelligence software platform brings unprecedented data analytics, visualization, and predictive capabilities to any company with a battery-powered business model. Top automakers, consumer electronics, and energy storage companies use Voltaiq to accelerate product development, improve performance, ensure safety and reliability, and secure financing for their products. Our high-powered team comprises PhD scientists, expert data professionals, and battery industry veterans, all passionate about enabling the global energy transition.
At Voltaiq, we enable battery researchers and applications engineers to explore and visualize battery performance data, alongside metadata describing how those batteries were made and operated. As a Senior Interaction Designer, you will work with the Product Manager to design the user-facing side of a web application offering powerful data search, processing, visualization, and advanced workflow functionality. You will learn how battery data is used to improve the performance of mobile devices, electric vehicles, and the power grid. You will design dashboards and other interfaces presenting performance statistics to our customers.
- Understand the evolving needs of our customers, and how these are served by the product.
- Collaborate with Customer Success and Engineering teams to assess effectiveness and feasibility of designs.
- Iterate with the product manager to define product features that are simple, coherent, and powerful.
- Design and maintain a UX system to collect and organize both the qualitative observations and the quantitative metrics of user behavior.
- Work with product manager to develop user personas and user stories.
- Map out our users’ conceptual model and design the site information architecture.
- Create wireframes, mockups, screenflows, and clickable prototypes for new product features.
- Test and validate working hypothesis with users through usability testing of wireframes, clickable prototypes and published product, and participate in design critique.
- Help define and integrate a visual identity into the Voltaiq platform.
- Find creative ways to solve UX problems and display complex data visually.
- Master’s degree in Information Management, HCI or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in user-centered interface design for web applications.
- Proficiency with visual design tools, such as Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience with data visualization, including charting libraries such as D3, C3, and Plotly.
- Experience designing interactions for enterprise workflows.
- Strong user empathy; ability to find creative solutions to UX problems and user pain points.
- Strong teamwork and mentorship skills.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written. Comfortable with remote work and communicating effectively through real-time text, audio, or video chat.
Competitive salary plus equity and full benefits. Our office is located in Berkeley, CA, and we work remotely a couple of days each week.
If interested, please email resume or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.