Designing for Change in Healthcare
LA Service Design Meetup
Click here for more details and to register
Wed, November 14, 2018
10:00 AM – 5:00 PM PST
WeWork One Culver
10000 Washington Blvd
Culver City, CA 90232
Learn how to apply service innovation in healthcare and empower your organization to innovate.
Designing foundational changes in healthcare can be an overwhelming place to innovate. But innovation doesn’t have to start with big changes. Change can be found in small wins too.
Any time we make decisions, we are designing the experience. It’s recognizing those small, personal touchpoints and opportunities for improvement where innovation in healthcare can begin.
In this interactive workshop, we’ll draw upon challenges unique to your organization and show how to apply design techniques to translate small wins to broader changes.
What will I learn?
- Plan how and where to observe problems or innovation opportunities in your role or organization
- Understand how to interview and collect insights from patients, caregivers, and clinicians
- Use design strategies of co-creation and design thinking to improve collaboration across and within teams
- Leverage insights to gain support and resources from stakeholders on your projects
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop provides professional development for anyone who is passionate about improving outcomes in health. We welcome innovation teams, clinicians, public health workers, academics, quality improvement departments, and other practitioners in healthcare who want to:
- Empower themselves and their teams to innovate from the ground up
- Understand the value of design and apply it to your unique healthcare setting
You do not need prior design or research training/experience to attend.
This hands-on workshop will include:
- An introduction to service innovation toolkits used around the world
- Case studies from successful implementations
- Steps to create buy-in and explore possibilities within your organization
- Resources to help your team explore their roles from the eyes of a designer
- Networking and connecting with the LA-based healthcare and service design community
About the Organizers
Led by a team of research, service innovation, and healthcare industry professionals with global experience.
Rachel Ceasar is a medical anthropologist and visiting scholar at UC Berkeley, focusing on data-driven innovation through human-centered design and ethnography.
Marina Terteryan is a global strategic service innovator and Parsons School of Design MS, focusing on the intersection of empathy, business, and systems.
Valerie Matron is a healthcare innovator who has worked in Latin America developing digital products to support public health programs and for US healthcare innovation teams at Providence St. Joseph Health.
Culture of Health + Tech, The Why Lab Innovation Studio, LA Service Design Meetup, Why Service Design Thinking Podcast