UX/UI Design Opportunity
ECOS is looking for a few creatives who are ambitious, eager for a great opportunity, and extremely passionate about utilizing the power of design to change the world.
This opportunity will have to do with designing around a highly-advanced artificial intelligence network that we have built and plan on launching/scaling this year. The network itself is designed to achieve 3 main objectives across industries: Eliminate Waste, Maximize Efficiency, and Empower Others.
While we have the advanced technological side covered, we need to enhance and strengthen our design thinking in preparation for our full-scale launch, both domestically and internationally. This is where your opportunity lies. We are very flexible and open to both contract-based and full-time work arrangements, depending on the candidate.
Should you be interested in learning more about this opportunity over a call or a cup of coffee, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Kent, Founder & Chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here for more details and to apply
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
At the heart of everything we do at Nextdoor is serving and understanding our members in neighborhoods all over the world. Help us create useful, vibrant, and delightful experiences for them by joining the growing User Research team. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of passionate designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists with opportunities to impact our strategic direction.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences using mixed methods – leveraging surveys, user interviews, and behavioral data mining
- Partner with Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to identify the right opportunities and experiences to explore and develop scientifically sound recommendations
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Master’s or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Human Factors or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience conducting research on both desktop and mobile user experiences
- Knowledge of a broad range of qualitative and/or quantitative UX research methods, such as user interviews, field research, lab-based or remote usability studies, survey research, experiment design and statistical analysis
- Proven track record of working with cross functional development teams including PM, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Marketing, Customer Support.
- Ability to plan and execute end to end research that informs product design and company strategy
- Experience with mentoring or teaching others about UX research..
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Downtown San Francisco office
- The option of an adjustable standing desk
User Interface Designer and Front-End Developer for Enterprise-Grade Web Applications
Bankable Energy (www.bankableenergy.com), is transforming the worldwide energy landscape toward renewable energy systems.
We are seeking outstanding, energetic, and creative minds to help us create the most visually compelling user experiences and graphical interfaces that will help accelerate the adoption of distributed renewable energy systems.
We are seeking UI Design Associates (full time and part time) for our San Diego location. You will be a key member in creating the look, feel, and experience of our XENDEE microgrid modeling and optimization software platform (www.xendee.com), as well as support the reporting and data visualization features for our clients, and directly contribute to the front-end that will make a renewable energy-based world a reality.
As a UI Design Associate, you will perform the following tasks:
- Design the look and feel our web software platform
- Conceptualize, develop, and implement user interfaces that integrate gamification with cutting-edge data visualization
- Interact with our industry partners
- Interact with our partner universities, and work on next-generation visualization and interface designs for financial, technical, and real-time systems
The position requires excellent abilities to think innovatively and independently, to explore, accomplish, test and demonstrate advances in (and the connections between) various aspects of user interface design and energy systems, while also being mindful of real-world preferences and constraints of relevant institutions, and customers.
- BS (preferred MS) in Computer Science, HCI, MFA (or similar technical arts education) with experience in gaming interface, responsive design, large-scale data visualization, HTML5/CSS, CSS preprocessing, SPA frameworks, modern programming languages, and the Adobe Creative Suite of programs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively conduct and perform collaborative team work, and interact with a broad range of partners and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to independently carry out work
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and record-keeping skills
- Outstanding interpersonal, and written communication skills with demonstrated experience in preparing technical reports.
We offer an innovative, flexible, and growing international work environment with competitive compensation and benefits.
If interested, please contact Adib Nasle: email@example.com
Front End Creative Developer Apprentice | San Diego
Sosolimited is looking for a front end creative developer apprentice to join our San Diego innovation studio. The ideal candidate is someone with a web or graphics programming background who is also interested in visual arts and design.
As an apprentice, you’ll gain experience working on digital installations and interactive experiences. You’ll be working with a team of designers, coders, and project managers to create projects for a range of clients across industries. Your role in the studio is expected to evolve and grow as you gain experience with our tools, process and methods.
Driven by curiosity, problem solving, and a desire to create original, inventive works, our firm blurs the boundaries between disciplines to create real engagement with audiences and inspire them to see the world anew.
This position is a six month, full-time position, beginning September 1, 2018. Compensation is based on experience. If you’re interested in working on a variety of projects at the intersection of art and technology please send cover letter, resume, and link to your portfolio/github to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles and Responsibilities
Front End and Graphics Programming
- Build production level graphics and related software with a team of developers, designers and project managers
- Write, test, and document code in a variety of languages and formats
- HTML / CSS / JS Front end development
- API integrations
- D3, WebGL, Vue and other JS libraries
- Node.js, MongoDB backend applications
- C++ / openFrameworks / Cinder standalone graphics applications
- GLSL and other shader languages
- Command Line Interface scripting
- Prototype graphical sketches and experiments
- Create system diagrams and hardware schematics for interactive installations
- Prototype, setup, configure and test hardware
- Travel and onsite installation of hardware
- Maintain existing software applications and installations
- Provide input on technology choices such as language, libraries, code paradigms, and system architecture
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with a development team on Github using an agile project management process
- Passion for getting the details right, but also an ability to see how those details fit into the big picture.
- Organized, detail-oriented approach to solving problems. You’re systematic and know how to retrace your steps.
- Willingness to experiment and prototype. Some creative problems require exploration before you can find a direction or solution. You’re comfortable with uncertainty.
- Clear, respectful communication skills. You let your team know your progress and needs.
- Self-directed contributor. You look for ways to help out and have strong time-management skills.
- You favor the simple, elegant, reliable solution. Our work has to exist in the real world.
Working at Sosolimited
We are a collaborative team of experts working on a wide range of highly-visible, original projects. Everyone has a voice and the skills to contribute to our work, and when we win awards we share the credit. We partner with clients we believe in on installations and experiences that inspire curiosity and leave lasting impressions.
Our studios are optimistic, positive workplaces. We eat lunch together and have regular happy hours. We’re focused on the well-being, professional development, and personal growth of the entire team. Past events have included week-long code camps, mini-conferences with area studios, group creative sessions, and even bi-coastal summits.
Sosolimited creates sensory spaces driven by design and technology. We believe that an organization’s ability to differentiate itself and create lasting engagement requires new, strategic approaches to the many roles space can play: physical, digital, shared, personal, and competitive.
Founded by three MIT graduates who blend their backgrounds in architecture, computer science, and physics, we have been exploring the changing shape of space since 2003. Our multidisciplinary team of experts creates memorable works, from concept to installation to evolution.
With locations in Boston and San Diego, we imagine and build sensory spaces for forward-thinking organizations across industries. Our award-winning work has been exhibited internationally and has made millions of impressions.
Designers, Engineers and Product Managers
J.P. Morgan Chase
To apply, contact: Elsa Kingsbury at email@example.com
Position expires: 08/31/2018
MedImpact Direct, a subsidiary of MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc., is currently searching for a dynamic addition to its team. If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, we welcome your application. We are a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The Product (UX) Designer creates satisfying or compelling experiences for users of a product, often drawing on results from user research and workflow analysis. This position is responsible for creating and leading the design culture: research, prototyping, implementation, and testing for MedImpact Direct (MID) products. This position determines what MID products and services will look like and how they will behave. The position requires passion and interest to design for healthcare informatics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develops design to not only make delightful products, but also help determining what problems we solve, why we solve them, and how to solve them in a human-centered way
- Identifies high impact features that achieve user and business goals, and clearly articulates rationale for decisions
- Working alongside many stakeholders, plays a key role in shaping our strategy and its tactical implementation
- Collaborates with engineers and product managers to define features and functionality
- Designs interactions for new features and applies existing or creates new design patterns across our platforms
- Leads and facilitates research-driven workshops and interviews with the people using our platform to determine what to build, or to evaluate prototypes
- Conducts user testing of applications, software and websites as needed
- Works with engineers to turn designs into working components and features which will optimize applications to improve ease of use and create the best user experience
- Works quickly and effectively to deliver new features, bug fixes, and small improvements bi-weekly Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Human-Centered Design, or Interaction Design and at least eight (8) years job related experience is required.
- Experience building clear, effective interactions to accomplish product and business goals
- Shipped product or major user facing product features required
- Demonstrated visual design skill, attention to detail with typography, color, and information density
- Experience using analytics, product instrumentation, and qualitative data to understand product usage
- Experience creating ADA compliant interfaces
- Computer Skills
- Familiarity using interactive digital product design platforms (e.g., InVision), web graphic production design tools (e.g. Photoshop), commonly used tools (e.g. JIRA, Git), and the Microsoft suite of software products.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate actively and proactively with others in a cross-functional team; Ability to communicate effectively in writing, verbally, and as a presenter; Self-motivated and self-managed with a high degree of analytical ability and intellectual curiosity; Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints; Creative, technical, and problem-solving skills.
To perform this job successfully, the successful candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
User Experience Designer
Thermo Fisher Scienitific
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
What will you do?
- Primarily: UX design for instruments, desktop and web-based scientific analysis apps
- Occasionally: UX design for mobile apps
- Working with globally located cross-functional software teams
How will you get here?
- At least 5 years’ experience in UX, with the emphasis on design (instead of research or usability evaluations, other)
- Good visual design skills – ability to lay out a screen in a well-organized way
- Extensive wireframing experience, created in a number of tools
- Good interactive prototyping skills – clickable prototypes with occasional advanced interactivity
- Experience with projects small and large
- Ability to manage your own project planning and deadlines
- Ability to have healthy relationships with project teams
- Ability to present before large groups (3-15 people)
- Ability to apply existing design patterns
You should also:
- Be interested in doing work that benefits society – we make the world a cleaner, healthier and safer place!
- Right-brain and left-brain: both creative and analytical
- Happy to work with others in a collaborative environment
- Willing to travel occasionally (mostly US)
Extras that could move you up the list:
- 5+ years’ experience or more
- Ability to evolve design patterns to something new
- Ability to create Low or high fidelity prototypes (Axure, Sketch, InVision)
- Excellent visual design skills
- A talent for helping teams narrow down requirements
- Ability to guide teams in writing good user stories
- Success in persuading project teams that investing in good design is worth it
- Experience in designing user tests
- Excellent interactive prototyping skills
- Experience in web-apps
- Excellent verbal presentation skills
- Excellent relationship skills
- A strategic / systems-thinker
What you must provide if you want to be considered:
- Resume / CV
- Work samples that show how your projects progress from the start to the finish – ideally including rough notes, sketches, etc.
Please submit work samples or link to online portfolio when you apply
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
UX Designers (China)
Location: Beijing & Shanghai
Learn more and apply: Recruiting Post-20180728
We are looking for talented UX Designers to create amazing user experiences in China. The ideal candidate should have an eye for clean and artful design, possess superior UI/UX skills, and be able to use design thinking approach to translate high-level requirements into interaction flows and artifacts, transform them into beautiful, intuitive and functional user interfaces.
Human Factors Scientist (Multiple)
Apply here (search for Human Factors)
We are actively looking for qualified, doctoral-level candidates to fill open positions in Philadelphia, Chicago, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Seattle (Bellevue), San Francisco (Menlo Park) and Austin. If you are interested feel free to apply online using the link at the end of this email. We will also be at the upcoming HFES conference in Philadelphia. If you’d like to schedule some time to meet with us and learn more about the opportunities please contact Christian Hoyos at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently asked questions about working at Exponent, click here.