The Design Lab is recruiting for quarterly work-study positions throughout the academic year and the summer, including an exciting opportunity to serve as an ambassador of the Design Lab.
As a Design Lab Ambassador, you will represent the Design Lab for any external or internal visitors, and support the day to day operation of the lab. Student ambassadors will have the opportunity to get in direct contact with researchers, staff, faculty, students, and postdocs in the lab to better understand their work and then be able to talk about it during on-site visits.
- Manage multiple projects relating to Design Lab programs, events, and daily operations. This includes developing and maintaining program logistics, brochures, website, etc.
- Represent the Design Lab in greeting visitors and valued guests and assisting and giving tours of the Design and Innovation Building (DIB).
- Collaborate with building manager to coordinate calendar events at the Design and Innovation building (DIB)
- Support Design Lab programming and events. Help with set up and break down for in-person events.
- Provide assistance with miscellaneous front desk duties.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Share a strong enthusiasm for Design Lab initiatives
- Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Must be able to work on-campus at the Design and Innovation building (DIB)
- Must be enrolled in work study for the upcoming quarter (including Summer)
Students must be enrolled in work study to be eligible for this position. For more information work study, please refer to the following links:
Please take some time to learn about the Design Lab, our people, and the work we do.
If you are passionate about this work and interested in this position, complete this application form. Every application will be reviewed, and those students meeting our requirements will be scheduled for an interview.
Applications close: Applications are continuous and applicants will be contacted for starting in the upcoming quarter