The Design Lab recruits several work-study positions during the calendar year (Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters) for an exciting opportunity to serve as a Design Lab Ambassador.
As a Design Lab Ambassador, you will represent the Design Lab for any external or internal guests, and support the daily operations of the Lab. Ambassadors will have the opportunity to engage with Lab faculty, staff, students (graduate and undergraduate), and researchers to enhance visitors’ experience with the Design Lab.
- Managing multiple projects relating to Design Lab programs, events, and daily operations. Includes developing and maintaining program logistics, brochures, signage etc.
- Supporting Design Lab programming and events, including set-up and breakdown for in-person events.
- Representing the Design Lab by greeting visitors and valued guests. Provides tours of the Design Lab spaces.
- Provide daily operations assistance with other tasks assigned by the Design Lab Operations team.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Share a strong enthusiasm for Design Lab initiatives
- Work well with individuals and groups in a public environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse population
- Must be able to work on-campus at the Design and Innovation building (DIB)
- Must be enrolled in Work-Study for the quarter(s) you are working.
Applications are continuously accepted and will be reviewed on a rolling basis. You will be contacted for an interview as a position becomes available.
Please take some time to learn about the Design Lab, our people, and the work we do.
If you are passionate about this work and interested in this position, complete this application form. Every application will be reviewed, and those students meeting our requirements will be scheduled for an interview.