Undergraduate RA for Data Collection (camera + wearables) in Parkinson Disease and Stroke studies
Ubicomp Lab at UCSD
The RA will be responsible for collecting sensor data from Parkinson’s disease and Stroke patients seen at UCSD inpatient and rehabilitation clinics.
The RA will assist with setting up equipment (sensors and Microsoft Kinect) and lab spaces to be used for the experiment. Conducting the experiment includes collection of informed consent, running experiment protocol, and offloading sensor data. The RA will assist with recruiting and scheduling of experiment participants. Sensor data from (wearables and cameras) will be used to assess and monitor neurological disorder symptoms with the aim of improving diagnosis and patient rehabilitation.
If you are interested, please email Dr. Weibel at firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP with your CV/Resume, and a short paragraph describing why you are interested in the project.
UX/UI Design Opportunity
ECOS is looking for a few creatives who are ambitious, eager for a great opportunity, and extremely passionate about utilizing the power of design to change the world.
This opportunity will have to do with designing around a highly-advanced artificial intelligence network that we have built and plan on launching/scaling this year. The network itself is designed to achieve 3 main objectives across industries: Eliminate Waste, Maximize Efficiency, and Empower Others.
While we have the advanced technological side covered, we need to enhance and strengthen our design thinking in preparation for our full-scale launch, both domestically and internationally. This is where your opportunity lies. We are very flexible and open to both contract-based and full-time work arrangements, depending on the candidate.
Should you be interested in learning more about this opportunity over a call or a cup of coffee, please do not hesitate to contact Jacob Kent, Founder & Chairman, at email@example.com.
Click here for more details and to apply
Nextdoor is the private social network for you, your neighbors and your community. Nextdoor’s mission is to provide a trusted platform where neighbors work together to build stronger, safer, happier communities, all over the world.
At the heart of everything we do at Nextdoor is serving and understanding our members in neighborhoods all over the world. Help us create useful, vibrant, and delightful experiences for them by joining the growing User Research team. You will work closely with a cross-functional team of passionate designers, product managers, engineers and data scientists with opportunities to impact our strategic direction.
- Conduct independent research on multiple aspects of products and experiences using mixed methods – leveraging surveys, user interviews, and behavioral data mining
- Partner with Designers, Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Engineers to identify the right opportunities and experiences to explore and develop scientifically sound recommendations
- Advocate research findings to diverse audiences through written reports and in-person presentations
- Master’s or PhD in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Information Science, Cognitive Science, Human Factors or related field
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience conducting research on both desktop and mobile user experiences
- Knowledge of a broad range of qualitative and/or quantitative UX research methods, such as user interviews, field research, lab-based or remote usability studies, survey research, experiment design and statistical analysis
- Proven track record of working with cross functional development teams including PM, Design, Engineering, Data Science, Marketing, Customer Support.
- Ability to plan and execute end to end research that informs product design and company strategy
- Experience with mentoring or teaching others about UX research..
- 100% company-paid health insurance premiums (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid vacation and company holidays
- 401K plan
- Commuter benefits through Clipper card
- Free catered dinners during the week, Monday through Thursday
- Downtown San Francisco office
- The option of an adjustable standing desk